Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To go along with the Yummiest Snack ever!

Today I decided to make my own pita bread to go along with the "Yummiest Snack ever". The cost is outrageous for the number of pitas you get! I am excited to make some yummy pita chips with them! If you like pita bread/chips, I think it would be cost effective to make your own!

2 pkg. active dry yeast
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2c. warm water
4c. flour (I used wheat flour)
1 tsp. salt

Put yeast and sugar in the warm water ans stir until dissolved. Add flour and salt. Mix well. Knead the dough generously for 5 minutes. Then divide into equal parts to make 12 balls. Roll out each ball on a floured board until about 7 inches in diameter and about 1/3 inches in thickness. Let the pitas rise in a warm place for 1/2 hour or until puffy. Bake a few at a time in a 500 degree oven for no more than 5 minutes.

I am sure there is an easier way to make these in a bread machine but I have yet to find a recipe. If you have one please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails