Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Twins.

Two year ago today our twins were born. The past two years have been a lot of fun and full of busy-ness. We found out we were pregnant in June of 2006. From the beginning, the pregnancy was so different from that of our oldest. When we went in for our 13 week appointment and the Dr. tried very hard to tell us we were further along than I was. I wasn't buying it, I knew something was very different. We met our new midwife at our 17 week appointment. She was awesome. As she was checking our baby's heart rate, she tried to get a better listen at another angle. She informed us that she felt there was more than one in there. In a split second our baby turned into babies. The ultrasound confirmed that there were two in there. I cried out of shock and I was so scared of the unknown. At 20 weeks, we found out we were having a boy and a girl. We were so excited. Our oldest most of all. She was thrilled to be having a brother and a sister at the same time. I went into our 35 week appointment feeling a little different from the usual and asked our Midwife if she would check to see if anything was going on. Sure enough I was already dilated to 4 cm. We went to Labor and Delivery to see if we were in labor. Not so, we were able to go home but we got prepared just in case. The following evening I was having pretty consistent contractions and decided it was time to go in. We were admitted at around 9 in the evening. After a relatively easy pregnancy and about 19 hours after the onset of Labor, our babies were born.



Baby boy. 5lbs 15oz born at 1212pm





Baby Girl. 5lb 8oz born at 1216pm







Baby boy at 1 year.



Baby girl at 1 year.


Little Man at 2 years old.

Little Lady at 2 years.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing their story. Isn't it amazing how fast time goes and the pictures really show you how they have changed!

    I hope they had a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have gotten soooo big!!! I can't believe it's already been 2 years!

    I miss you guys!!!

    Love you...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails