Monday, May 2, 2011

I have been on a long journey to find some system that worked for my 30 year old skin. I have always dealt with super red/dry skin that is usually painful after washing with conventional soap. I have always been interested in what others are doing and years ago a lot of friends were using the Mary Kay cleansing system. I thought I would give it a try. For me it was worse than the soap I was using. After only a couple of washes, I had a painful reaction to the cleanser. I have nothing against Mary Kay, in fact I love their mascara and lip protector. The skin care line is just not for my skin.



A few months ago I found a cleanser with olive oil in it. It helped a little to reduce redness and worked well with the moisturizer I was using. Then it happened, being overseas I am at the mercy with what is on hand. They stopped carrying (at least when I needed more) the moisturizer I had been using. I purchased the same brand for sensitive skin but it had sunscreen in it. I have never reacted well to sunscreen on my face, kind of the same reaction as the face wash above. So out of necessity, I searched for a more natural way to cleanse my skin. I found a site with a recipe for a homemade face wash.

The oil cleansing method, < click there. I have had many blank stares and weird looks when I have told people about it. I have been using it for a week now and I love it. My redness has gone down and I have only worn make-up one day out of the week. I would have never left the house with out some make up on two weeks ago.



I am excited to try out other natural options. Shampoo, Conditioner and maybe even homemade soap.

Happy Hunting for those searching and major props to those who have a system that works.



~Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails